No, it’s not just another drunken bender. It’s that time of year again!
Today I’m on my way to Stansted Airport, but as to which plane I’m getting on, and where I’m going to end up by the time the night is through, I have no idea.
That’s right, the Drinking Traveller is setting off on another “mystery trip”!
Last years’ mystery trip saw me and some good friends plunged unexpectedly into Geneva, Switzerland, where we didn’t let the ridiculously high price of beer hold us back one little bit. I’ll be publishing my journals from that trip shortly, but since I’m about to jet off again, I should probably look to the trip at hand.
Can you solve the mystery?
As with last year, I’m offering a prize of some kind to anyone who correctly guesses the destination. Just post your guesses in the comments below or on the Facebook page and remember to leave the correct name and/or email address so you can actually redeem your prize.
So, what do we know so far?
- We probably won’t need a jacket, which, being July, pretty much eliminates nothing…in the Northern hemisphere at least.
- We fly from Stansted Airport.
- We need to get to the airport before 1pm today.
- We get back too late to get the last train at 11 something on Sunday evening.
- The people going have recently been to Ireland, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta, Budapest, Paris, Bulgaria, Rome, Florence, Pisa, Portugal, Barcelona…so it’s probably not one of those places.
- Apparently it’s not a “city” I’ve been to, so you may want to check my travel map on Tripadvisor.
- The girl arranging the trip hates: tanning, walking long distances and most people.
- She wants to learn Spanish, loves Polish people and Italian food.
- Flights were about £55 each way.
- Accommodation is about £11 a night each (for half a private double room).
- It’s not in the UK, I hope.
That’s it folks. Time to start playing Sherlock. Guess as many places as you want. Remember, you can’t lose, but you’ve got to be in it to win it!
I’ll let you know where it is when I get to an internet connection.